Friday, January 18, 2013

A new year. A new direction.

My blog address might lead one to think that I'm all about design and whatnot. Well, I am. But I've decided to put graphic design and illustration on the back burner for a while.
 
I will soon be starting on a new adventure. I have found a college that offers a masters degree in professional writing online. It has always been a goal to get my masters and the college I selected seems to be a good fit for me. I am a little nervous, though. The rest of my cohort started in the autumn and have completed two classes: an introductory course to professional writing and a research course. The research I'm not overly concerned about, as I take pride in being able to sniff out the most obscure information. The intro course, however, is another thing. Part of the program requires keeping an online writing portfolio, which my classmates set up in the intro course. I'm sure someone will help me out and share the information I need, but I hate feeling like I'm behind before I even start. Which I guess is why I'm transitioning this blog from design/illustration to writing. Perhaps it will help ease my mind a bit. :)
 
Don't fret, however. I still plan on posting my adventures in the crafting world as well as my doodles and scribbles. Check back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment